This seminar presents up-to-date solutions to the most prevalent grammar problems found in corporate America today. This fun, fast-paced, thought-provoking seminar is for everyone who wants to brush up on grammar skills—from entry-level employees to senior management. Never waste time again by asking, “Have I said it correctly? Is it ‘who’ or ‘whom’? Should I place a comma here?” The workshop teaches standard American usage for the kinds of problems people most often experience with punctuation, grammar, and proofreading and clear sentence construction.
Taming the Wild Grammar Beastie is designed for all professionals who communicate in writing and want to deliver their message with clarity and professional polish.
Course Length: One-day: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
We begin by helping participants build their grammar profile of strengths and weaknesses. From there we will tame the “grammar beastie” by clarifying the true nature of grammar, debunking popular myths from English 101, teaching non-grammatical solutions to grammar problems, and reviewing current standard American usage for
- Subject/verb agreement
- Pronoun usage
- Current punctuation usage
- Sentence structure
- Correct word choice
- Current capitalization usage
Constructing your grammar profile
Why worry about grammar
Taming the pronoun beastie
- Personal pronouns
Taming the verb beastie
- Subject verb agreement
- Active passive voice
Second Half-day Session
Taming the punctuation beastie
- The difference punctuation makes
- Standard usage
Taming the sentence structure beastie
Improving editing and proofreading skills
For More Information
- Hear unprecedented video testimony from senior executives and skim written testimonials at: BerryWritingGroup.com/successes.html
- View our extensive client lists at: BerryWritingGroup.com/clients.html and BerryWritingGroup.com/clients_military.html
- View our Dunn & Bradstreet Top Performer Certification. D&B placed us in the 99th percentile of all businesses on customer satisfaction. BerryWritingGroup.com/successes.html
Boost Productivity by Scheduling an Onsite Grammar Seminar
Are you ready to empower your organization to write with clarity and professional polish?
Click Here for our GSA Catalog